Monday, February 5, 2007

Light of the World

Once in a while, I have what I call "God Moments". These seem to happen during particularly reflective times when, for whatever reason, God chooses to speak about something pretty significant to me at the moment. It's probably more accurate to say that it's the times when my heart is in a place where I can actually hear Him, because I truly believes He speaks far more than I listen. They may not appear to be groundshaking revelations and I guess they really aren't. They are usually just simple truths that He reminds me of in the midst of my circumstances, but in such a personal way that I can only shake my head in awe and wonder.

A couple of weeks ago, I was standing out on my porch looking at the sky. It was the middle of the day, but the sky was incredibly dark and it was apparent that a big storm was brewing.

"Wow, it's so dark out here", I thought. "Yeah, it is, isn't it?" said the Lord. I looked at the sky some more. The clouds were moving in more thickly and it looked like it was late evening instead of late morning.

"Yeah, it's pretty dark", He continued. "And stormy. But there's still enough light to see, isn't there?"

I looked around. Sure, even though it was dark, I could still see quite clearly. I could see everything around me in perfect clarity. There were no obstacles to my vision.

"Yeah", I replied. "I can see just fine."

"Joyce", He said, "even though it's so dark, so cloudy, so stormy, there is always enough Light to see. I am always enough Light."

That was pretty much it, but I pondered for hours about that. I was going through my own personal storm at the time, and He knew it. He cared enough about my storms to remind me ...

He is the Light. And He is always enough.

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like what u wrote. It had an inpack on me. No matter what we are going through, God will help us get through eh??