Friday, June 1, 2007

Grateful list part one

I'm grateful for Jesus. You have rescued me. You have rescued my family. You have made us whole. You have transformed our lives. You did this all by Your own sacrifice. You amaze me. I love You.

I'm grateful that I went to Bible College. I learned so much of the Word of God. Thanks, Zion.

I'm grateful for my brother. He introduced me to Jesus. His life of faithfulness and unconditional love is an example to me and an inspiration. I love you, Joe.

I'm grateful for my parents. They taught me about forgiveness, laughter, healing, and love. They taught me about letting go, about rejoicing in each other's victories and successes. No regrets. The best is yet to come. I love you, Mom & Dad.

I'm grateful for my sisters. My oldest sister taught me what love and loyalty and family first means. My middle sister taught me how far being kind and persistant and working hard can get you. I love you, Joan & Lynn.

I'm grateful for being sick. Having a potentially fatal disease makes you prioritize. It makes you rethink what is important and what isn't. It forces you to cherish each moment. It teaches you to revisit and explore wonder. It teaches you to anticipate Eternity with expectation and joy.

I'm grateful that I lived in community. I learned so much about grace, living by faith, justice, tolerance, equality amongst the brethen (and sistren?), sharing, selflessness, and dying daily. Thank you, JPUSA. I love you guys.

I am grateful for my husband. Your love of Jesus has shown me God in a way I'd forgotten -- God of miracles, God of answered prayer, God of healing, God of restoration, God of wonders, God of love, God never-failing, God everlasting. You show me a life of unfailing and incredible faith. You crack me up every day. You teach me honesty and integrity. You show me delightful love and laughter. You show me tenderness and humility. I love you so very much, Jeff.

To be continued ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was inspiring. I could feel a song rising up in my spirit as I was reading(and pausing to let the words swim around in my mind for a few minutes to savor them). The fragrance of rejoicing is sublime, and our invitation for the Lord to fellowship with us is never refused. Praise the Lord and pass the hummus. I am indeed blessed by this piece.

Peace.
Lynne Hasuly